Workforce Partnership is a valuable partner in helping you manage your talent lifecycle. Our Business Services Representatives are here to assist you with free online job postings plus direct assistance with candidate recruitment, screening, assessment, on-the-job training (OJT) and other specialized programs and services.
Recruiting new employees is one of the primary ways the Workforce Center assists employers. Business Services offers a complete range of recruitment services, whether you need help with just one hire or a mass recruitment effort. We see all skill levels of job seekers and can provide you direct access to entry-level, skilled tradesmen and professional personnel looking for gainful employment. Employers who have an account with us may post unlimited job vacancies to the KANSASWORKS job board at no cost. Additional services such as interview pre-screening and skills assessments are also available at no cost, however, detailed testing may incur a nominal fee. We are happy to arrange hiring events for your business (on or off site), and assist with the intake of applications and candidate screening. We can even develop a Recruiting Agreement customizing our services to meet your specific needs.
Need to hire, but don’t have a local venue to complete the interview or assessment process? Workforce Partnership can provide you with space to greet and interview candidates at any one of our three comprehensive workforce centers. All centers have conference space available to host your hiring event. Some centers have dedicated meeting space and assessment labs for rent, if you have unique or private hiring needs. All centers have guest offices and cubicles where you can privately interview candidates. If you would like to set up a special event and use our space please reach out to our Business Services team.
Training an employee is costly. Workforce Partnership can help you structure a variety of Work-Based Learning experiences for job candidates that provides you with an exceptionally trained employee, equipped with the skills needed for a specific permanent position in your business, often at a reduced cost. For job candidates approved in one of our many programs, we may reimburse an employer for up to 50% of an approved trainee’s gross hourly rate for a portion of their training period or reimburse related technical instruction for an apprentice. Work-Based Learning programs can be developed for a wide range of skill level career paths. For a video orientation to the major Work-Based Learning Models we use, click here.
Two of our most popular Work-Based Learning Models are On-the-Job Training (OJT) and Registered Apprenticeship.
In the OJT Model, Employers Receive:
- Pre-screened applicants
- Up to 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wage during a mutually agreed upon training period
- Prompt monthly reimbursements from Workforce Partnership
- Simple reporting system
- Assistance from Workforce Partnership through all phases of the program
- Hands-on training for a permanent position
- Growth opportunities
- Employment in a new line of work
- A future with a great employer
Registered Apprenticeship (RA) is an employer-driven, “Earn while you Learn” model that combines on-the-job learning with related technical instruction (RTI) that increases an apprentice’s skill level and wages. It’s an immediate job. It is a flexible training system that can be customized to meet the needs of every business. Registered apprenticeships are cost effective and time-tested. It’s a Certification. Upon completion of a Registered Apprenticeship program, participants receive an industry issued, nationally recognized credential that certifies occupational proficiency.
Registered Apprenticeship programs are a customized written plan designed to move an apprentice from a low or no skill entry-level position to full occupational proficiency. Both new hires and incumbent workers qualify for Registered Apprenticeships. Sponsors work with RA Coordinators to design and execute apprenticeship programs, provide jobs to apprentices, oversee training development, and provide hands-on learning and technical instruction for apprentices. Registered Apprenticeships can work for small and large companies, government and non-profit employers, labor unions, as well as new and incumbent workers. Workforce Partnership works along side your team to help you register your program with the State of Kansas, so that you can take full advantage of cost-reimbursement opportunities.
Why Registered Apprenticeship? Because . . .
- Registered Apprenticeship is employer-driven, customized to meet employer needs aligning with industry.
- Employers decide who will become apprentices.
- Apprentices who complete an RA program receive an industry-issued, nationally recognized certificate of completion.
- RAs enhance employee retention: 91% of apprentices that complete an apprenticeship are still employed nine months later.
- Over 1,300 target occupations have already been approved by the U.S. Department of Labor
- Apprenticeable industries vary widely and can include Advanced Manufacturing, Construction, Energy, Finance & Business, Healthcare, Hospitality, IT, Telecommunications and Transportation.
- Apprentices can be new hires as well as incumbent workers.
- Employer sponsors can be reimbursed for a portion of the RTI (Related Technical Instruction) for each apprentice - saving you money.
- RA works with other funded On-the-Job Training (OJT) programs; in fact, an eligible OJT participant can transition into a Registered Apprenticeship.
How Long Are Registered Apprenticeship Programs?
Apprenticeship program can range between 1-5 years. The length of an apprenticeship program depends on the target occupation, and type of program model chosen by the sponsor. Registered Apprenticeship programs must have a minimum of 144 hours of related technical instruction (classroom instruction) for every 2000 hours of on-the-job training. There is a 2000-hour program minimum
Visit the Kansasworks Registered Apprentice web site. www.KSapprenticeship.org
Sometimes you need to build a training program that includes both classroom and/or on-the-job learning, and that is designed to meet special job requirements of your business or industry group. Workforce Partnership is experienced in working with businesses and qualified, approved training providers (if necessary) to help develop and deliver customized training. Your commitments are to partner with us in the development of the customized training curriculum - delivering precisely what you need to employ candidates (or retain workers) who successfully complete the training. Similar to our OJT program, Workforce Partnership can often reduce your training costs by half.
Closings and layoffs are unpleasant and difficult situations for both the employer and employee. If you will be experiencing a layoff or closure, we ask you to contact us with as much advance notice as possible. We can then work with you and your HR team to help affected employees begin their transition, before the final work day arrives. Providing this peace of mind to your employees is a benefit we provide at no cost to you and it is only a phone call away.
Employees will receive:
- Job leads for new employment
- Information on how to apply for unemployment benefits
- Career training opportunities
- Support with job search strategies
- Workshops on resumes, interviewing, networking and more
- Access to technology to perform the job search
- Creation of a KANSASWORKS account
- Outside professionals who are trained to assist with such transitions
- Better worker retention by supporting employees in a difficult situation
- The same assistance as their employees, if needed
The Workforce Centers can also provide links to local educational institutions for training new or existing employees. Call for a complete list of available programs that can be customized to your specific needs. We can assist with promotion of employer/educational institutional relationships, customer training for an employer or group of employers, On-the-Job Training for targeted new hires, and local/state training grants.